Reina was just 5 months old when she was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma—a very rare, fast-growing cancer. The large, invasive tumor wrapped around her heart and blood vessels, trachea, upper lung and spine.
But thanks to generous people like you, Reina and her family found hope at Sanford Children’s, the region's only Children's Miracle Network Hospital.
Your support means that even the tiniest patients can receive world-class care, close to home. 100% of every gift makes a difference, supporting priorities like:
- Child Life and Music Therapy services and supplies to help kids and their families cope with the challenges of illness and injury
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment to treat kids of all ages
- Research to accelerate more effective treatments
- On-site school tutors who work with local schools to keep kids on track
- Toys, games, books and cozy furniture in Culley's Cabin, so kids can be kids
After nearly a year of aggressive treatments, Reina’s cancer is now in remission. Today, she’s a happy, healthy 2-year-old.
“We want to thank everyone,” says Reina’s dad, Jon. “Whether it was donations or thoughts and prayers, it is good to know we have not been alone in the fight.”